Saturday, April 5, 2008

Delicious Danish

Why do I enjoy this baking thing? Maybe its that satisfaction of watching people enjoy something you have created. That goes for all walks of life. It seems that the longer you take to do something (however not in all cases) the better the pay off is. This brings me to my new adventure into the world of Pastry. In bringing food to work for my peeps to try, several people have asked me if I had ever made any danishes. I mostly stay on the bread side, but a danish is just a sweet bread dough not really a cake. I have read about pastry dough and its complexity of layers. I spotted a book at BAMM (Books a Million) titled Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft. It looked really good, and had a lot of techniques and such. However its $70 and that is a little steep for now. So the internet will have to do! I am looking all over the web for a good Danish Pastry Dough Recipe to try. I will update this blog as soon I attempt pastry for the first time. Stand by!

No comments: