Sunday, August 24, 2008

2nd Place is a First

Hey all, CBB (Chesterfield Bread Baker) here again. Its been a while and I have been up to a whole lot of things. Recently I submitted my Pizza Hut Pan clone recipe to the Chesterfield County Cookbook. Hopefully it goes over really well. Im going to put a tutorial with a ton of pictures on the step by step process on here. I have taken the pics, but I just need to put them in an easy format maybe video or something.

Last week my wife Ashley mentioned that the County Fair was coming back to town this week. She said "Why don't you enter something?". So I thought about it and decided to enter my Yeast Rolls. I made two different batches of them. The first was Sourdough, which took 16 hours to rise at room temperature. Ashley hated them because she can't stand sourdough. However they went over well with my mother/father in law and my peeps at work. The second batch was just the regular, no starter just good ole yeast, rolls. I entered (ash did it for me, I had to work) the regular rolls into the fair. Yesterday we all went to the fair and checked for the winners. Out of the 5 "roll" entries I placed second! That is really good. I have never really been in a competition for making food, it is exciting. Now next year I think that I am going to enter my Sourdough rolls from my special starter that I keep in the fridge. That is a year away though. Next week I have to go pick up my ribbon but here is a picture for shiggles anyways.

Stay tuned for more recipes and updates

- The Chesterfield Bread Baker

No comments: