Monday, March 17, 2008

Change of Plans

I know I said that the next adventure was to be tortilla making, but something else has come up. I decided to work on yeasted doughs for a little while longer. Tortillas can wait for a little while so that I can try different things. Tuesday night I am going to make Chicago Deep Dish Pizza (by Peter Reinharts Recipe in American Pie). I picked up some 10-inch cake pans and am ready to go! Also I have great news!!! Yesterday on QVC they had a special on a Kitchenaid Professional Mixer 5 quart 450 watts (12 cups flour power) for $272 (retail at $450). So Rash bought me one, she is great. It will be here next Monday and I am ready to rock with it. I really want to use it for lower hydration doughs that require intense kneading. Like Bagels for instance. I made some today (Cinnamon Raisin in fact). They were ok, but it was hard to develop the gluten with my hands. It took 20 minutes, but a mixer could produce a quicker and more even result. I will have to try many of my bread recipes in the mixer. Granted I will still make pizza dough by hand because it is just fun. I will post my review of this mixer after about 1 month of use. So for those of you who read this blog then just. Stay Tuned!

No comments: