Monday, March 3, 2008

Get Your Sourdough On!


I sent away for Carl's Sourdough Starter. I recieved it a few days ago and reactivated that sucker. I proofed it last night after a nice feeding and at 5:30am this morning it looks frothy, smells sour, and is just ready to go. I put together the following recipe to try today.

3 cups Bread Flour/High Gluten Flour
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup warm water
1 cup of proofed starter

I am seeing a lot of sourdough recipes that do not call for a second rise. That is mostly because people are going for a super open crumb and that boule shape. Myself, I am going to bench the dough and shape it into a loaf and put it in the pan. Why you ask? How about Sourdough French Toast for Tuesday's Breakfast! Anyways I will let everybody know how it goes.

Later peeps,
Brandon

No comments: